The Hunger Games


Have you read Suzanne Collins series, The Hunger Games, yet? I seem to be the only one around that hasn't read them, and I am starting to feel left out! 

I have good reason as to why I haven't started them... but it is kind of embarrassing to admit... 

You see, when  I finished the last book of the Harry Potter series, I spent the end of the night crying my eyes out... I mean I was a mess! I was on a family vacation at the time in Colorado, and my Mom, in her sweet way, excused me from family dinner and told my grandparents I wasn't feeling well... I do not think my salty company would have been welcomed anyways...

Flash forward to the opening night of Harry Potters final movie! A wonderful gift from the Universe... a chance to relive the World of Potter one more time... I make plans with my Harry Potter bestie... and cancel on her... four separate times... by the fifth time, she decides to just go without me...

I still have not seen the last movie, and realized my overwhelming attachment to the characters in these books...now, if The Hunger Games are all that people are saying them to be, I am still not sure I can handle that intense attachment... just for the journey to finish when the last page flips...

Any thoughts on the matter?


Comments

  1. I am on the third book in the series now and I love them. I think you should give them a try :) Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!!! I have decided to pick them up, and I may have to see the movie now too! xoxo jmoksha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts