Chocolate Loving

Lent... a time to give up something you love and reflect upon the life we live...
I gave up chocolate for let this year... it has been the longest few weeks of my life... now, I have absolutely had my fair share of sickness, pain and heartache... but no chocolate in my life seems to be presenting itself as a larger problem than I would have ever imagined... I dreamt about chocolate all last night, looked up recipes for chocolate chip cookies before I even sat down for breakfast, and now I am blogging about it!

A friend at work told me to put a rule into my Lenten promise... a simple asterix if you will... it could read "no chocolate *in solid form... 

...but I couldn't bring myself to cheat... 
...April 8th, I cannot wait for you to roll around with a basket full of chocolate...
Here is an amazing recipe I have found that I cannot enjoy at the moment, but you  can!

Quadruple Chocolate Chip "Brookies"

Recipe from The Lipstick Blogger... Thank you for the scrumptious idea!

Ingredients
1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups white chocolate morsels
2/3 cup milk chocolate (or semi-sweet) morsels

Directions
Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
In a double-boiler, melt the pound of semi-sweet chocolate. Set it aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
In your mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and add the vanilla extract. Add the cooled chocolate to the mixture and blend. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the mixture is uniform.
Add half the flour mixture and combine on low speed, then add the remaining flour and mix until the batter comes together.

Now add the chocolate morsels. If you like nuts in your cookies, you would add them here.
Line a baking sheet with parchment, or silicone baking sheets, and drop spoonfuls of the cookie batter onto the sheet.
Bake the cookies for approximately 7-9 minutes until puffy. Be careful not to over bake these. (Think of baking them like a brownie. If they dont' seem done when you initially take them out of the oven, give them time to set, this is how they should look. They will be moist and delicious.) Allow the cookies to cool and firm up on the baking sheet for a few minutes before attempting to move them to a wire rack.

Comments

Popular Posts