Happy Monday! Was your weekend nice and relaxing?
Tonight I will start the week out in the right direction by making a healthy dinner for us! Typically, meals I make are 100% vegetarian because grains and veggies are what I enjoy cooking and eating!
John never complains about the meet free meals, and is more than supportive of my healthy-style cuisine... but I know you can still eat meat and be healthy too, so I have attempted to add meat into at least one meal for him. This week, I was thinking of making little Chicken Tenders for him and this recipe from Taste of Home seems right up his alley! I thought I would share it with all of you as well, and hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1/2 seasoned bread crumbs (I use a homemade panko style)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
* Please buy organic, free range chicken if you are able to!
- In a large resealable bag, add in your Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in and place immediately in breadcrumb bag and shake until chicken is coated. Repeat until you finish covering your chicken.
- Place in a baking pan (covered in cooking spray) and cook at 400 degrees, in the oven, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once around 8 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve to someone who eats meat!