Tender Chicken Nuggets


Happy Monday! Was your weekend nice and relaxing? 

I really didn't do much, but enjoy the calm at times. John and I were able to take a really nice walk, watch a movie (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) and watch a little March Madness basketball. It was a great few days, although we ended up eating most of our meals out, and I am feeling a bit sluggish because of it.

Tonight I will start the week out in the right direction by making a healthy dinner for us! Typically, meals I make are 100% vegetarian because  grains and veggies are what I enjoy cooking and eating!
 John never complains about the meet free meals, and is more than supportive of my healthy-style cuisine... but I know you can still eat meat and be healthy too, so I have attempted to add meat into at least one meal for him. This week, I was thinking of making little Chicken Tenders for him and this recipe from Taste of Home seems right up his alley! I thought I would share it with all of you as well, and hope you enjoy!

Ingredients (for 4 servings)
  • 1/2 seasoned bread crumbs (I use a homemade panko style) 
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 pound, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
* Please buy organic, free range chicken if you are able to! 

Directions
  1. In a large resealable bag, add in your Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
  2. Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in and place immediately in breadcrumb bag and shake until chicken is coated. Repeat until you finish covering your chicken. 
  3. Place in a baking pan (covered in cooking spray) and cook at 400 degrees, in the oven, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once around 8 minutes. 
  4. Let cool, and serve to someone who eats meat!



Comments

Popular Posts