Dawes


I came across this band awhile ago and I really enjoy them....I guess one can categorize them as alternative-rocky-folky-chill. They make me smile, and that is how I knew the CD was worth buying. Some people focus on the beat of the music, while others are drawn towards the lyrics. I am a lyric girl...I love words and I believe in the unfathomable power they possess. As you envision the portraits Dawes music is painting, you cannot help but think about life's meaning. As I listen, the songs seem to pick up on the thoughts wrestling around in my heart......"only thing thats scarier than dying is not dying at all, so when i've lost all my control, God will rest my soul" (God Rest My Soul - Dawes).

If your in Chicago, They will be playing at the Double Door on Feb. 16th, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts