I am reading A New Earth, by: Eckhart Tolle, and he said five great things in chapter 2 that I loved and wanted to share...
- Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be.
- you are never really attached to a thing but to a thought that has 'I', 'me', or 'mine' in it.
- Jesus said... 'if someone takes your shirt, let him have your coat as well.'... " it doesn't mean you should never lock your door. All it means is that sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
- attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them.
- Unease, restlessness, boredom, anxiety, dissatisfaction, are the result of unfulfilled wanting.
Great thoughts to spend some time on...