Broiled Brussels Sprouts and Hazelnuts... Do I have to say more?
- Turn broiler on, While waiting to heat up, trim about a pound of brussels sprouts and give them a rough chop.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet and drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle a little sea salt (or kosher salt) and pepper. Toss together.
- Broil for about five minutes, or until the edges start turning a little brown.
- Take some hazelnuts and give them a chop (like you did the brussels sprouts). Shake the pan till you get all the brussels sprouts flipped over, and then add the chopped hazelnuts. Let broil for a few more minutes (about three).
- Sprinkle on freshly chopped parsley and lemon juice.
Recipe comes from the wonderful Mark Bittman...thank you for sharing!