Chile Infused Vodka





Are you making any of your gifts this holiday season? In the past, I have tried to give as many home-made gifts as I could...those were always my favorite (and still are!). This year, I was thinking of making some flavored vodka, and came across this infusion recipe at foodnetwork. How yummy would this be in a bloody mary or on the rocks? I have to try it! 



Ingredients:

  • One 750 ml bottle flavorless Vodka
  • 2 medium ancho chilies, wiped clean
  • 2 whole jalapeno chilies, washed and thoroughly dried

Directions:

In the original bottle or in a decorative bottle of your choice, combine the chilies with the vodka. Cap tightly and leave to infuse for 7 to 10 days in a dark place. Replace the original cap with a narrow liquor spout with a screen (available from bar suppliers). Use the infused vodka to make martinis or other cocktails, being aware that with every day the chili flavor will get stronger. If you plan to keep the vodka for more than 10 days more, it is advisable to strain out the chilies.


Another great recipe I found (and the picture above) came from thedogsbreakfast

Comments

Popular Posts