Crock Pot Apple Butter


Hello all! I miss you and I apologize for skipping out on Friday word day! The truth of the matter, is that I was feeling a bit under the weather and could not get myself motivated to turn on my little MacBook and type. After a nice weekend has past, I am finally feeling a bit better, and ready to have a great week. Christmas time is around the corner, and I am close to being ready for the holiday...how about you?
 As I was listening to my morning dose of NPR, it was interesting to hear a segment about 2011 Christmas gifts. This year, it is all about tech products, and not so much clothes...you don't have to go try on or guess at your loved ones sizes when buying digital gifts...makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

If you are not on the tech wagon and are making homemade gifts, I have one more for you that takes very little energy, but quite a few hours to make. Apple-butter is so delicious on warm toast and seems to taste of winter. Pairing a jar with a homemade label and some spiced tea would make would make this a lovely gift to any party host, family member, or friend... don't you think?

I hope you enjoy the recipe! Thank you teacherbyday,chefbynight for sharing this yummy recipe with us. 

Comments

Popular Posts