Friday Word Day


Yesterday was Chicago's first day of snow! I forgot just how cold those little drops were when they land on your face! I was meeting a college friend for lunch, and my short walk down the street was long enough to chill me to the bone. I have heard rumors that this is supposed to be the coldest winter on record (at least for Chicago), so my roommate and I are going to spend the weekend winterizing our apartment (i.e. putting plastic up on the windows). 
What will you be doing this weekend? When it's cold out, my affinity for cooking and baking comes out ten fold. I don't know if it's the idea of nourishment, or the warmth generated by the activity, but cold gets me motivated in the kitchen!  Perfect timing, because I need to get started on holiday cupcakes! I want to have a super great batch for Thanksgiving/John and his younger brothers birthday (all around Thanksgiving!)...maybe I will make these apple cupcakes with caramel buttercream...or these cinnamon roll cupcakes!  EEEKKKK!!! I am getting so excited!

Before I go, I will leave you with the friday word - which is a word I love and need to use more often! cannot wait to use it this weekend!

Affinity - a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea etc.

Synonym: fondness, compatibility, similarity, leaning




Comments

Popular Posts