Healthy Veg Quiche

A few weeks ago, I made this quiche for John.... and all I can say is yumm!!!

 We both wanted something delicious and decadent, but still healthy...I searched for awhile and found a perfect match! This recipe really did check off all of our needs.
 The next day at work I bragged about our awesome creation to my coworkers and sent along the recipe and I am sorry it took me this long to share it with you!
Now, I made our quiche with veggies I had in my fridge, but here is the original recipe I worked from if you want to follow step-by-step.

Ingredients
  • 6 or 7 egg whites (about a cup) and 2 whole eggs
  • Fresh Veggies (I used red onion, baby heirloom tomatoes, and summer squash)
  •  2 cloves of garlic
  • Olive oil, salt and pepper
  • shredded cheese of your choice
  • 3/4 cup of vegetable broth
  • Pre-made pie shell
Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out pie crust in the dish you are using to make your quiche. Poke a few times with fork, and bake for about 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, saute your veggies and garlic with a little olive oil. Season with your salt and pepper to taste and add in the vegetable broth. This process should take about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly (to not scramble the eggs when mixed).
  3. In a bowl, whisk together egg whites and whole eggs. Add in the cheese and then the vegetable mix. Stir to incorporate and pour everything over the par-cooked pie crust. 
  4. Bake until the quiche is set, or about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
* I put a thin layer of cheese down on the pie crust after I baked it for those initial 5 minutes and a little on top when the quiche was almost ready... just to add a little extra yum! 

Comments

Popular Posts