As We Grow...


How was your weekend? Did you get to do all you wanted? My main weekend activity was celebrating  Jessica's (one of my very best friends) birthday. In an attempt to be Ms. Crafty, I decided to buy a good bottle of wine and turn it into the her birthday card... Unfortunately, I ended up eating a bad breakfast and found myself in the bathroom for most of the day...gross, I know! As I was on the phone with another friend (first, informing her of the horrors that came after breakfast) I started telling her about Jessica's party, and she immediately pointed out it was a 1/2 hour before I was supposed to leave...crap!  I had not even started to get ready, let alone create my birthday wine-card!

Time to get to work! I measured out my card-stock to make sure the label I was supposed to peel off was covered...then wrote a little message, attached the picture I printed (thank the Lord I took care of that days before) and got tape out...now, the original plan was to do more of modge podge, decoupagey thing, but my new time constraints left me with little choice. Once I started taping, my cute little present went ugly. The tape bubbled and made lines all over the picture...worst of all, I was in such a hurry, I forgot the S on the word Cheers... (Cheer to 25... Oh, great!)... disappointed with my craft job, I decided to give her the crappy card anyways...

Jessica's first comment upon opening her present..."nice tape job...your so cute"...

It was the perfect gift for Jessica, and the next time I create what's really in my head, I know she will be super impressed!

The best part of being with real friends is that they love you unconditionally... no matter how dorky you act, or how un-crafty your birthday cards are. They love you for you, and that is the most amazing gift anyone could ever have. Jessica is just that kind of friend, CheerS to 25 Jessica and to another year of memories! 

Comments

Popular Posts