Vitamin E



My mother would always laugh when she told the story of my father sticking olives into my brother's mouth. In return, he would twist his face into a sour disposition, and projectile the olive across the room. I do not know what the best part was for my mother. Maybe she felt vindicated by the fact that her son shared the same distain for olives, or she may just enjoy his funny faces. Either way, olives never seemed to grace our kitchen after this event. Growing up, my culinary disposition strayed farther and farther from Mom's "cooking". By college, my best friend Cae and I were trying the foods our parents couldn't stand. Immediately, I took to eggplant and she fell in love with banana's, but olives were still a salty mess in my mouth. That was until this year. I decided to try them once again, and cannot get enough! As always, when I start to eat something new, I take the time to do my research on it's nutritional impact. Did you know that olives are a great source for vitamin E? This was music to my cute little ears. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects against heart disease, cancer and other aging issues! Other great foods to find this vitamin in are oats, avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts. Vitamin E is something I cannot seem to get enough of these days. Olive oil has always been a staple in my diet, but adding olives is an extra treat for me. Including any of these delicious goodies to a salad or dish is an easy way to boast your intake of antioxidants and Vitamin E.

Comments

Popular Posts