Drinking Ginger



Sometimes we over-book ourselves in life. We spend our days zooming around at a sprinters pace, when we have a marathon to run. As a society, we wonder why we have such a hard time maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but the answer has always been simple. We need to take the time to care. I have been bad. For one too many days now, sugar has been guest starring in my diet. Now, my teeth ache when I even think about a cookie. Thank the lordy lord my girl scout cookies are almost gone (phew!). Today I have decided to stop in my tracks, take a deep breath and a sweeping inventory of my life, and curb my problem behaviors right this second. Before I can do such a task, I need to calm my nerves. Meditation is a must, but to give my chances of clarity a head start, I will sip on a warm drink that will help to relax, rewind, and rejuvenate. I made it a couple of days ago, and am steeping it again as I write. I call it warm ginger lemon.

Warm Ginger Lemon

-Fresh ginger
-1/4 of a lemon
-Hot water
-Honey
-Favorite mug

Peel and chop a piece of fresh ginger. For one cup, you will need about an acorn sized piece.
Boil water. Pour in a mug with the ginger and steep for around five minutes. Strain into another mug to get the ginger pieces out and squeeze 1/4 of a lemons juice into the ginger water. Add desired amount of honey and enjoy!

Ginger is very helpful for your gastrointestinal track, alleviating and soothing stomach cramping. While enjoying this delicious drink, do nothing more but relax with the silence of your soul. Enjoy this time...enjoy this drink.

Comments

Popular Posts