Rainy Day Classics


Around 5 o'clock in the morning,  I woke up to the tapping of rain on our big bedroom window. Thunder drummed along; staying in perfect harmony with the rains rhythm. 
This made me one happy girl!
There is something about being in your cozy bed during a Thunderstorm that is just wonderful, don't you think?

Alas, I could not stay in bed forever... After taking Ballou for a short, wet walk, I started to get ready for the day ahead.  WBEZ's (Chicago's public radio station) was playing in the background, and an interview with William Friedkin (the director of The Exorcist and Killer Joe to name a few) came on. Interestingly, Friedkin mentioned Singing in the Rain, with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds as one of his all-time favorite films. Have you ever seen this movie before? I think it's silly that I haven't, and put it on the top of my movies-to-watch list! 

Above is a clip (that I am sure you have seen at least once in your life) of Gene Kelly dancing after a date with Ms. Reynolds character. 

Annnnddddd, while we are on the subject of raining in classic films, I will leave you with Julie Andrews singing My Favorite Things, from The Sound of Music, that I am sure will make you happy !

Comments

Popular Posts