What's In A Smile?






When I am sad, I start faking a smile. My theory is that, if you fake a smile long enough, eventually it will become real. My experience has proven this theory true, and now there is research to back me up. The question: Is life really better when we smile more? Research done at the University of Cardiff in Wales has found that, people who have had extensive botox, and loose the ability to frown, are actually happier. When recipients were given a questionnaire, the consistent findings with those who had botox, were less anxiety and an overall happier outlook. When the questionnaire asked about their overall view in appearance, they did not feel any more attractive. This helps prove that it is not the botox, but the psychological connection with our physical expressions!

Smile more, and you will be a happier person because of it.

Article:http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=smile-it-could-make-you-happier

Comments

Popular Posts