Running Down A Dream


Cleveland 1/2 Marathon is coming up in two weeks, and I have been training to run it. While at home over Christmas, my sisters friend asked her to run it, and she asked me. We asked our Aunts, and I asked my beautiful friend Cameron...the list went on and on. What a wonderful thing! We have all decided to come together in our home town to reunite, and run, run, run. As time passed, my sister became pregnant (count her out) and my Aunts never ended up signing on. Now, I am the only one from my family actually running; sole representation landing on my petite shoulders. Lately, I have still been feeling a bit sluggish. After doing some research, I found some tips and will pass them along...just in case you get the running fever!

Tips From Health Magazine, Jenny Hadfield

While running you feel:


-Sluggish- Drink a cup of green tea about a half of an hour before running. The caffeine will perk you up a bit, while to antioxidants help your endurance.

-Side Pains- Potassium will help this problem out. Eating some banana 20 minutes before a run, or drinking coconut water will ease your pain.

-Soreness- Calcium, Carbs, Proteins. Try drinking chocolate milk within 30 minutes after a run, when muscles are supper receptive. Doing so will surely help your post recovery!

-Sweating A Lot- Though sweating is a good thing, you will have to replenish your electrolytes! This is the time when you can drink those sports drinks. They are packed with sugars. If you can, try finding one without food coloring. Drink 4 to 6 ounces every 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts