Forgiving Enemies


Oscar Wilde once said,

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

When my best friend Caeli and I would start to fight, she would frequently end by saying, "Jules, you are absolutely right. I am wrong and you are right, and I am very sorry." This would leave me with no conclusion and absolutely no victory, because I always knew that she really did not think I was right. There is nothing in the World that would annoy me more than this sentence! For, I have always been one to think 'now, if I could just figure out the correct words to explain what I mean in a way that (insert name) would understand, they would surely agree with me.' Sometimes I am right, but sometimes I am really wrong. And sometimes, it truly is better to stop while your ahead and forgive before too many unforgettable words are said. Caeli is far from an enemy, but she did teach me this valuable lesson.
Go on, be the first to forgive... as Cae Cae proved and Wilde said, "nothing annoys them so much"!



Comments

Popular Posts