Lace up life



Mauve..wonderful color...mmmmm... really just wonderful.


Recently, I have fallen in love with lace...beautiful, fabulous lace...

Word to the wise...a little goes a long way...I had some light coral colored lace that I turned into a clumpy bow, sewed an antique button in the middle and added a clip..waallaah a new head piece for me.

Lace is fascinating to me..Why? well let me tell you! Lace came to being in the later 15th and early 16th century. Adding to the riches of the Catholic Church, lace was used by the clergy to line vestments for ceremonies...The Catholic Church sure knows how to do some things really well... ingrain large amounts of guilt in children, that follows them around for a lifetime, sit, stand, kneel, then sit, stand, kneel again, and, last but not least, they do know how to spend money on decorations.... adding lace makes those vestments that much more fabulous..so it must make the Lord even happier with us............( Do I sound cynical?).


I don't know if it's my Catholic upbringing or my love for detail, but lace has pulled me into it's web of linear, floral beauty. No matter how one uses lace, I think it can be an easy way to bring simplistic, interwoven dimension to anything..

Comments

Popular Posts