Flax Seed is my Friend




Flax Seed...Is there anything better in this world?
What is the beauty of Flax you ask? Well, for one, it's chalked full of your much needed EFA's, or essential fatty acids. We humans need fatty acids for so many things such as energy level, weight loss, and oxygen transfer through the body. According to webmd.com,
"Flaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC, according to the Flax Council of Canada. By the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Fast-forward 13 centuries, and some experts would say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected all those years ago. " http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed

Now,
Some may call this foresight on Charlemagne's part, but I believe he was only reacting to how he felt after flax did it's magic work in the body.
In my own life, I put flax seeds on everything I possibly can. Further, I take flax seed oil capsules for an extra boost! The best way to start (I would suggest) is to sprinkle some ground seeds on your cereal, yogurt or salad. The nutty taste works really well & once you get used to them, try experimenting even more. Frequently, I make fruit shakes in the morning, and always add in a healthy amount of my favorite seeds. Word to the wise, always buy ground seeds or grind them yourself before you eat them, because the human body cannot break them down when they are in tacked as a seed.
When I started on Flax, I needed them for energy. I never expected they were going to make me feel so fabulous! Now, Flax Seeds have been said to help autoimmune disease's, heart disease, cancer, and so much more. I promise you, once you go flax, you never back!

Julianna's Fruit N' Flax Shake
- 1 banana
- 1 cup or 1/2 cup (depending on the size you want the shake) organic fruit juice( Mango, Pineapple, Orange, or Pomegranate.)
- about two tablespoons (see if you like more or less) of organic ground Flax Seeds
- ice if you like (depending on the season, this changes for me)

1. Place banana and ice (if wanted) in blender. Next put everything else in.
2. Start to blend and finish blending when shake is smooth.
3. drink immediately, and enjoy!

Here is another recipe that I will be trying soon! Just thought I would share incase anyone is interested!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/brown-rice-crispy-bar-recipe/index.html


Comments

Popular Posts