The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg


Do you make hard-boiled eggs at home?
 I love them, but have this weird thing with runny eggs. I tend to get nervous about not leaving the eggs in long enough when I hard-boiled them. From what I've gathered through conversations with friends, it seems like a common problem. Always ready to conquer a challenge, I decided to make a few last night (paying close attention to timing) and they cooked perfectly!

According to Martha Stewart, you:
  • fill a pot with cold water (at least an inch higher than your eggs) and bring it to a boil on medium heat with the eggs inside. 
  • Once the water starts to boil, you remove the pot from heat and cover for 12 minutes. 
  • Take eggs out of the water, and rinse them with cold water.
  • That's it!  Eggs are ready to eat immediately. 
I usually add salt or vinegar into the water because I think it makes the eggs easier to peel after, but you don't have to add anything if you don't have shelling issues. I peeled the last two for John and I this morning, and somehow he got both eggs- after I peeled them...hhmmm someones taking advantage of a generous heart!

Comments

  1. super pumped for this post-i've been struggling with my egg boiling skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud when I read this! It's seriously a frustrating issue to have! xo Jmoksha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts