Judgement


Judgement. As I listen to my friends talk, I often hear the phrase, 'don't judge me' as a prefix of their statement. How many times have I said it myself? Why do we worry so much? Why do we care? If we took all the energy spent on worrying about what others think, and spent it on loving ourselves, we would all be in a better place. I look at my friends of all ages, and everyone (no matter what the age) has a bone of contention with some part of their body...Something is always wrong. An example: I fret about the dark circles that are continually framing my eyes. No matter what I eat, drink, put on, or how much I sleep, I will forever be doomed with looking a wee bit tired. Honestly, I do not think I would worry about it at all if it weren't for those souls who tell me daily that I look so desperately tired. Yes, most of the time I am wide awake, and then pretend I am tired, as to not offend their lack in tack and wording. The next time this happens, I think I am going to say " no no, you sir/maam are incorrect. I am as wide awake as Richard Simmons spandex." . Hopefully they will get the point.

My point... we need to stop. Stop the judgement of others, because they have enough pressure from themselves alone to deal with. Constructive criticism is fabulous, but negativity only hurt. I am asking you to say one nice thing to someone that you normally would not say out loud. Take the time to notice something positive, acknowledge your recognition aloud, and feel good that you made another persons harsh judgments of themselves simmer for a moment. In this world, those fleeting moments add up.

Take a breath. You are beautiful. I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts