What you will need:
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk pancake & Waffle mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups (plus 2 TB) milk
- 3 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil, divided
- 1 box (or 1.5 ounces) raisins
- 1/4 cup of canned crushed pinneapple, drained well
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
In a large bowl, whisk pancake mix and cinnamon together. Add in milk, 1 tablespoon oil and whisk together until all ingredients are combined. Next, stir in the pineapple, carrots, pecans and raisins.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, brushing lightly with oil. Drop 1/4 cup of batter into skillet per pancake. Each one will need to cook for about 3 or 4 minutes on the first side...flip...and 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. You will end up with 8 or 9 pancakes in total (serving about 4).
Thank you Whole Foods for the recipe!