Sleepy Nights




Restless...
...have you ever had those nights where thoughts are swimming rapidly through your mind... swimming and swimming...where no mental dam is big enough to stop the rapids from rushing through, and you have no choice but to surrender to your crashing waves of thought?... I have had a lot of these nights lately.
Just when I thought I was doomed to sleepless nights and sleepy days,  I figured out a helpful way to calm my own mental rip-tide... maybe someday my little method may help you.
Basics...
 I go back to the basics... taking in what is around me. For example, last night I went through all of my senses...how nice the taste of my mint toothpaste was that still lingered in my mouth...how soft my blanket felt against my bare arms... how the gentle light of the moon seeping through the bedroom windows seemed to warm space around me...and how the distant sound of cars on the road made me feel safer somehow....

Eventually, these thoughts bring me right onto the shores of slumber... peaceful, calm slumber ... have a restful night wonderful ones...

Comments

Popular Posts