Winter



Today is the first official day of winter... as Ballou and I went out for our morning walk, it was 26 degrees and snowing. People were out with hats, scarves, gloves, and many layers of clothing. Yes, the season is here! In the Midwest, winter is the season that shows peoples true dedication. Those of you that can bike and run in the worst of winter storms, I applaud you. I have always wanted to be one of you, but I find myself taking out my $5 stair stepper I bought at a resale shop, and being quite content with my indoor workout. 
Last night was 2009 winter solstice, which marks the shortest day and the longest night of the year. The Earth has tilted on it's axis, and has gone as far away from the sun as possible. Every year, around this same time, I start behaving more and more like a chipmunk. Hibernation is an act that feels innate inside of me, but for all of you fearless beings, I wish you the best! Happy Winter...I will see you in Spring!

Comments

Popular Posts