Happy Labor Day!


Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Americans (and happy Monday to everyone else)!
Besides being the last day of the season to officially wear white, I haven't thought about what Labor Day was actually for...have you?
 According to this government website, Labor day is "the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country." 

What a good reason for a holiday, right? Hopefully, you are taking the time to relax with your family and friends. Claire and I were talking yesterday, and she is stuck at school alone for the weekend. Being alone on holidays, even the smaller ones, always sucks. Today for my meditation, I will concentrate my energy on those of you that feel alone today...hopefully you will feel my energy with you and realize how much I love you! 

Enjoy the day!

P.S. If you have nothing to do today, I have to awesome movie recommendations for you. For those who have Netflix, you need to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  Believe me, it is worth reading through the subtitles. Also, Liza and I went to see Sleep Walk With Me at the Music Box Theatre... if you are a fan of Ira Glass and love comedy, this film is for you! 

Comments

Popular Posts