The weekend is here again, and for some of you, it should be nice and long! If you have any extra time on your hands and feel like diving into a great book, I have two recommendations for you! My book club just finished reading Beach Music, by Pat Conroy - and wow was it a great book! The Price of Tides has been an old favorite of mine, but Beach Music is now a close second. His way with words is just wonderful, and you will not regret the time spent reading either of these great books - so kick your feet up and get reading!
Monday, December 24, 2012
1. Count to ten in a language other than your native tongue - my language of choice is always German, because most of the German numbers sound like swear words to me...
2. Drink lots of liquids that start with a W - wine, water, whiskey...
3. Take a walk in the middle of the day alone. This is the time to clear your mind and check your mood.
4. Remember this is a short period, so soak it in because it will be gone in a blink. This is really the time to be the person you want to be - the true you.
5. TRY to eat fresh fruits and veggies throughout your days - I know there most likely will be a lot of yummy food around you, but this will help stop you from overeating, and I promise you will feel so much less bloated by the end of the day.
6. Kiss someone - or something - animals can be included in this... (they usually are my first pick anyway) and take a second to enjoy that moment of love.
Friday, December 21, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
Have you gone to an Ugly Christmas party this year? If not, you should, because I swear Christmas clothing just makes people jolly.
I just finish Holiday shopping this weekend and now have to wrap and ship by tomorrow... I wish Ballou could help with the wrapping - it would be a total time saver if those little paws could work.
"Christmas is not a time not a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." - Calvin Coolidge
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
This Winter, I plan on reading a new book every week - well, at least that is my goal! Where is no better time to read than when it is cold outside, and it also helps cut down on TV watching. Here is a list The New York Times has produced of 100 notable books from 2012. Take a peek and get to reading!